If you have ever considered buying a wagon to tote your kids around in, then you have probably stumbled upon the Wonderfold Wagon. And, if you’re like me, then you might have had a bit of sticker shock.
It’s a bit of an investment, and I’m sure you’re wondering if it’s worth it!
I spent close to a year ogling the Wonderfold Wagon every time I saw one. I finally made the decision to go for it. Keep reading to find out if it was worth it (and whether or not it will be worth it for you).
If you want a great jogging stroller, check out my review here of the Graco Jogging Stroller.
What’s the Hype About the Wonderfold Wagon?
The Wonderfold Wagon is basically the equivalent of buying a well-made luxury vehicle. I’ve gotten a lot of comments about it while walking around, including “Are you going to license that thing?”. It’s that substantial. If you are just hearing about the Wonderfold Wagon, let me give you a little overview.
Wonderfold Wagon Features
Wonderfold Wagon Seating
As the name indicates, a W4 has seats, easily holding up to 4 kids. Each child has their own seat, seatbelt, and legroom. The way the stroller is designed, the children sit on a seat that is raised from the floor, rather than having their legs out straight in front of them.
This seating works so well for my family! The ability to let their legs swing helps SO MUCH! Each child has a designated spot, meaning less pushing and fewer fights about where their legs go. (If you have more than one child, then you know that decreasing unnecessary fights is golden!)
The other great thing about the seating is that all of the seats can be removed, and it can be used to just carry your stuff. Or you can remove half of the seats if you have fewer riders.
Wonderfold Wagon Storage
I really appreciate the amount of storage in the Wonderfold! There are four FOUR! different places to store things. Some of the pockets are easily accessed by children, while others are out of their reach, and closed.
The huge, zippered storage basket in the back is a lifesaver. I can fit an entire packed lunch, or all of the vital contents of my diaper bag in the large storage area in the back of the wagon, if I so choose. It’s truly wonderful.
Additionally, there are side pockets that the kids can access. We use this space for snacks or water bottles most often. They aren’t big, but frankly, I don’t need them to be, since there are other storage options.
The last pocket area is on the front of the wagon. It has a velcro closure, so you don’t have to worry about anything falling out. I put essentials in here, like extra wipes. You could put first aid stuff in this pouch, or whatever else you might need.
Wonderfold Wagon Handlebar
The handlebar is at the perfect height, and very wide for easier maneuvering. It is covered with vegan leather to make it comfy for your hands.
If you go with the Elite or Luxe versions, then the handlebar is adjustable. My husband is very tall (6’6″), so the adjustable handlebar was a must! I also love it, because sometimes my big kids want to “help” push, and I can lower the handlebar to their height so they can participate.
Wonderfold Wagon Canopy
All of the models have a canopy made of a breezy, stretchy material. The canopy can be moved along the poles, to adjust for where the sun comes into the wagon. Since the canopy is fabric, it slides back and forth easily, it’s so convenient! The Elite and Luxe versions also have adjustable poles, so they can be made higher or lower.
Wonderfold Wagon Wheels
The wheels on the Wonderfold Wagon are truly impressive! They easily turn and are suspended, so your child doesn’t feel ALL the bumps. The wheels are also all-terrain, and they truly are! We have taken ours on some BUMPY sidewalks, the grass, and more. Obviously, it is easiest on pavement, but I am impressed with how it handles on other surfaces.
Wonderfold Wagon Cleaning
All of the fabric of the wagon can be removed for easy cleaning. And the various surfaces are easy to clean and can be wiped down if you don’t want to go to the trouble of removing all of the fabric. The bottom of the wagon (where the kids’ feet go) can be taken out and cleaned. This helps if you’ve got sand from the beach or playground, or crumbs.
Wonderfold Wagon Assembly
I am not a pro at assembling things, by any means. However, the Wonderfold Wagon was really easy to assemble! The instructions are clear, and there just aren’t that many individual pieces. The basket of the wagon is already together. You basically put on the wheels and add in the seats and storage areas. If you get lost, there are also plenty of videos that take you step-by-step.
Wonderfold Wagon Safety
The Wonderfold Wagon comes with 4 individual seatbelts that are all 5-point harnesses. Now that’s safety! A lot of wagons only have a single strap for your child. The 5-point harness makes it much easier to put babies in the wagon, too (6 months and up).
There is also a nice foot brake that is easy to work and effective. I have put that break on in the middle of a hill and had no problems.
Stowing Your Wonderfold Wagon
With all of those amazing features, the Wonderfold Wagon is pretty big. The quad wagon is between 50 and 60 pounds, depending on which model you choose. When it folds up, it’s 43″x 29″x 18″, so it’s not tiny when folded, either. But if you have 3 or more kids that you are carting around, you probably have the trunk space to hold it!
As long as you have enough space to put it in your car, the actual job of folding and unfolding it is very straightforward! There is a latch next to the wheels that has to be secured, once you push the release button to fold it. That’s about it!
The Pros of The Wonderfold Wagon 4
- Fit: Few wagons comfortably fit up to 4 kids! If you have a bigger family, it can be hard to find a stroller or wagon that works for you. The Wonderfold Wagon 4 is perfect for these families!
- Easy: The wagon is easy to put together, easy to fold up and put away, and easy to maneuver.
- High Quality: You pay for the high-quality product that Wonderfold promises and delivers on. It’s a very sturdy ride and well-engineered!
- Storage: The amount of storage is unbelievable! You can fit all of your kids in, and all the stuff you need!
- Made to Last: The wagon has longevity because it is made so well! It won’t be something you need to replace in a few years. It’s with you for the long haul!
- Goes Anywhere: This wagon can go anywhere with you! It can go on grass, bumpy roads, up and down hills, and more!
Cons of the Wonderfold Wagon 4
- The Price: There’s no getting around it, the Wonderfold Wagon 4 is expensive: ranging from $700 to $900. Not everyone can afford something like that.
- The Bulkiness: You will not be able to put this in the back of small trunks because it takes up too much room.
- The Weight: It weighs between 50 and 60 pounds. That can be a lot to lug around.
The Key Differences Between Models
|Moveable canopy and poles
|Moveable canopy and poles
|5 Point Harness
To Buy or Not to Buy
If you have 3 or more children, I sincerely think Wonderfold Wagon W4 is the best folding wagon on the market. The current customer reviews on Amazon rate it at 4.7, with over 3,000 reviews. There truly aren’t that many high-priced items that are so well-rated!
I absolutely love having ours! It’s one of my favorite purchases I’ve made since having children. I can take all three of my toddlers to the zoo, knowing they are comfortable and safe. Plus, there’s room for all the essentials (wipes, backup diapers, sunscreen, etc.) and lunch for all of us!
However, it’s probably not right for everyone! If you’re like me, you want to get your money’s worth.
So I think YOU SHOULD buy it if:
- You can afford it. Don’t buy it if you don’t have the money for it.
- You have at least 3 children. (There are so few strollers/wagons that can fit 3+ children, and I think this wagon is the perfect antidote.)
- You will put lots of miles on it. If you love going on walks, checking out the local zoo or gardens, or trekking to outdoor sporting events, you will love this wagon!
- You have a big enough trunk. My wagon basically has a permanent spot in my trunk because we use it all the time!
- You want something that will last. I am sure there are knock-off versions of the Wonderfold that are cheaper, but if you want the quality, stick with the original.
If the above description doesn’t describe you, it may be worth shopping around a bit more. But if this description does fit you, what are you waiting for?? Go buy the Wonderfold Wagon 4. I really don’t think you will regret it!